Errors when compiling C++ using cross GCC

Leseratte bookreader@gmx.com
Sun Nov 20 12:40:00 GMT 2016

Am So 20. Nov 2016, 10:03:54 schrieb Andrew Haley:
> On 20/11/16 09:14, Mark G wrote:
> > Any ideas as to what what may be causing this?
>
> You need to look at the output when compiling with "gcc -v".  There
> will be a reason in there.

I tried that and it didn't help me at all.

When I tried to build a recent compiler-suite for arm - any attempt with these
options failed, especially as many options change during history of gcc.
Then I happened to find a page where someone explained, how to build a compiler
for stm32 - the cpu I wanted to build the compiler for. Sadly I didn't save
the link, so I can't tell, who gave me the hand.

I changed my buildscript according his advices and the first try already
succeeded. The only backside: the compiler is for a single cpu only.
I found no way to build an arm compiler for all devices.

Well, for me no problem, as I don't have other devices ;)

Look at line 10 and 11 - may be you have to change it to your device.
Any attempt to build a compiler-suite without cpu and fpu setting failed.

Hope you find the script useful.

cheers

Reinhard

P.S. the directory layout is a common base directory, where all the sources
have their subdirectories.
In this directory I create a subdirectory 'arm', where I place the build-
script. The script will be executed in there and possible errors can be found
in the logfile.
My host ist debian stable and all dependencies not treated in the buildscript
are installed as -dev libraries.