float behaivior on ARMv8-A

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Sun May 29 08:54:00 GMT 2016

On 28/05/16 08:37, N30dG wrote:
> I was able to locate the Problem(s).
> And I think this maybe could be a gcc-bug. It seem's that sin() and sqrt()
> works in less precision when compiled for AARCH64 (no ffast-math or other
> "unsafe" float-options enabled). I've worked that around by using sinl() and
> sqrtl() and now everythink work's like expected. I'm note sure if this is a
> bug or a normal behavior when compiling for different architectures.
>
> If this could be a bug and you need additional information feel free to
> write.

Sure.  If there's anything we can do to zoom in on the problem that
would help.  Significant inaccuracy in trig functions probably is a
bug.

Having said that, Standard C does not guarantee any particular
accuracy for these funtions.  Also, this is probably not a bug in GCC
itself but in whatever C library you're using.

Andrew.