[Consult] tile: How to construct testsuite for tile architecture without hardware.
Chen Gang
chengang@emindsoft.com.cn
Sun Mar 13 10:34:00 GMT 2016
After tried, I guess, I have found the root cause, this issue is about
tilegx qemu linux-user in setup_rt_frame() in linux-user/signal.c:
- When there is no ka->sa_restorer in setup_rt_frame(), I should make
the related opcode in guest space (about TARGET_NR_rt_sigreturn),
should not directly use do_rt_sigreturn() from host space.
- Then when cleanup-10.exe catch the failure, the lr register will get
the opcode address for TARGET_NR_rt_sigreturn. After several normal
successful rewind, cleanup-10.exe will call this address.
- But my implementation let the related address is do_rt_sigreturn
which is in host space (an invalid address for cleanup-10.exe), then
cause the rewind failure.
It really spends me much free time resources, I almost make a qemu as a
debugger!! I guess, I shall add some necessary debug features in tile
qemu (just like the other targets have done). Welcome any suggestions!
Thanks.
On 3/6/16 08:09, Chen Gang wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> Sorry for disappearing several months, the reasons (excuses) are:
>
> - During these days, I am a little busy (although it is not a quite
> good excuse).
>
> - China Spring Festival (it maybe be a reason/excuse).
>
> - I blocked at cleanup-10.exe failure issue (build gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg
> /cleanup-10.c). I guess, this issue isn't quit complex to me, but it
> needs quite a few of my free time resources (e.g. several months) :-(
>
> At present, I let my tile qemu almost be a crashdump: dump full working
> flow (all insns and regs - 2G file, 34M lines), dump simple working flow
> (all insns - 82M file, 2M lines). check them with objdump and src code.
>
> I shall continue for it (for cleanup-10.exe issue firstly), and welcome
> any ideas, suggestions, and completions by any members.
>
> Thanks.
>
--
Chen Gang (éå)
Managing Natural Environments is the Duty of Human Beings.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list