Running C++11 shared library with older gcc, libc

Dinesh Pathak dinesh.pathak@gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:00:00 GMT 2016

Hi, I have written a shared library using C++11 features, compiled
with gcc 4.8, libc 2.18, which needs to be run on a client's CentOS 6
machine, which has gcc 4.4.7, libc 2.12. There are some symbols in
this library which are not found in libc 2.12, so how can I use this
library on CentOS 6. I have flexibility in how, where, which machine
the library can be compiled, but eventually it should be usable on
client CentOS 6, where packages can not be touched.
If I compile the library using DevTools-2 on CentOS 6, can there can
be any ABI related issues between these two versions of gcc/g++.
Please let me know if there are any other suggestions.Thanks in advance.