what does -fno-pic do
Jakub Jelinek
jakub@redhat.com
Mon Jul 11 11:04:00 GMT 2016
On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 06:59:44PM +0800, Yubin Ruan wrote:
> I really search carefully in the man pages on my Ubuntu/Linux-14.04-LTS. I
> cannot find much description about that. Afterwards I find the online manual
> that you describe.
>
> Actually, I wonder why the man pages on my Ubuntu/Linux is so different from
> that online.
The man pages that are installed in gcc make install are generated from the
same texinfo sources as the online docs and do contain the -fpic option
description. So, are you sure you've looked at man gcc or man g++
carefully? I don't have access to Ubuntu, but it would be really surprising
if they override the man page with something different.
Anyway, gcc mailing list is for development of GCC, so I'm CCing gcc-help
instead where this thread should be moved instead.
Jakub
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list