GCC 5.3.0 Make install fails

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 20:56:00 GMT 2016

On 12 July 2016 at 20:35, Gedaliah Wolosh wrote:

> Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>

> On 12 July 2016 at 20:02, Gedaliah Wolosh wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> I'm running this on Scientific Linux 7.2
>
> My configure --
>
>   ../gcc-5.3.0/configure --prefix=$PREFIX \
>

> Maybe not the problem, but do you already have another version of GCC
> 5.x in $PREFIX or in your $PATH?
>

> In fact, I do in $PREFIX. My plan was to wipe it after successfully building
> the new version.

Then I think what's happening is that the new GCC you've built depends
on the shared libraries in $PREFIX/lib64 but the dynamic loader can't
find those libraries.

If you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib64 in your environment that
should allow you to build, but it might be better to just ensure you
don't use $PREFIX/bin/g++ for the build.