How to compile gcc entirely with an external compiler?

Yuri yuri@rawbw.com
Wed Jan 6 19:05:00 GMT 2016

On 01/06/2016 10:58, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> Could you elaborate? What clashes?

I have clang as a major compiler on FreeBSD. But fortran is supported
through gcc. When gcc builds libgfortran, it makes it depend on its own
libgcc.so instead of the system libgcc.so (which is from the older gcc
version due to licensing).
This makes libgfortran incompatible with any c++ binaries built with
system clang. I was hoping to find the way to build libgfortran.so with
clang to link it against the system libgcc.so.

Yuri