Inline static data causes a section type conflict

Benedek Thaler thalerbenedek@gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 07:31:00 GMT 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 02/17/2016 04:39 PM, Benedek Thaler wrote:
>> Is there any expert on this matter missed this message I can directly contact?
>
> My immediate response is "don't do that."
>
> More generally, you're doing something odd and quite unnecessary.  Why
> not simply not do the odd thing?  Move the global data outside the
> function?
>
> Andrew.

In the real life use case, I have control over the macro which
produces `data`. The user invokes this macro wherever s/he wants, as
many times as s/he likes, with possibly different values.

The stored value is going to be used by the application on the spot,
and has to be looked up offline, statically; hence the custom section.

Thanks,
Benedek