Fwd: Installing gcc to nonstandard location
Tom Close
tom.close@monash.edu
Thu Feb 11 04:45:00 GMT 2016
Hi,
I am trying to install a previous version of gcc (4.7.4) to a
non-standard location /environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4 (with 'src' and
'build' dirs as sub-directories of it) on Ubuntu 14.04LTS.
My configure options are pretty straightforward (from
/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/build)
$PWD/../src/configure --prefix=/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/
--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,go,java,lto,objc,obj-c++
but when I go to make it I get the following error
/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/build/./gcc/xgcc
-B/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/build/./gcc/
-B/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/
-B/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/
-isystem /environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/include
-isystem /environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/sys-include
-g -O2 -m32 -O2 -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wno-narrowing
-Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wold-style-definition -isystem ./include -fpic -g -DIN_LIBGCC2
-fbuilding-libgcc -fno-stack-protector -fpic -I. -I.
-I../../.././gcc -I/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/build/../src/libgcc
-I/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/build/../src/libgcc/.
-I/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/build/../src/libgcc/../gcc
-I/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/build/../src/libgcc/../include
-I/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/build/../src/libgcc/config/libbid
-DENABLE_DECIMAL_BID_FORMAT -DHAVE_CC_TLS -DUSE_TLS -o _muldi3.o -MT
_muldi3.o -MD -MP -MF _muldi3.dep -DL_muldi3 -c
/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/build/../src/libgcc/libgcc2.c
-fvisibility=hidden -DHIDE_EXPORTS
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:27:0,
from
/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/build/../src/libgcc/../gcc/tsystem.h:88,
from
/environment/packages/gcc/4.7.4/build/../src/libgcc/libgcc2.c:29:
/usr/include/features.h:374:25: fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file
or directory
compilation terminated.
I can find sys/cdefs.h here
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/cdefs.h
but am not sure whether this is the version it should be looking for
and if so how I add it to the include path (I have tried CFLAGS,
CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD, XGCC_FOR_BUILD, CC_FOR_BUILD vars).
Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks,
Tom
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list