Werror

manojmaybe manojmaybe000@gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 04:11:00 GMT 2016

I am using gcc 4.8.5 in centos 7. I compile c program with flag Werror and
gcc generate an error

 variable ‘test’ set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
     obj* test;
                ^
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

But the variable test is used.

The same program without any modification and compile with Werror flag in
centos 6 (gcc 4.4.7) is successfully compiled without any warning and error.

What is the reason for different behavior of the gcc in two version.