m68k toolchain

Jeff Law law@redhat.com
Sat Apr 23 17:44:00 GMT 2016


On 04/22/2016 05:59 PM, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
> Jeff Law wrote,
>
>> On 03/19/2016 02:50 AM, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
>>> Hi GCC devs,
>>>
>>> I like to enable m68k support in Buildroot. They use
>>> a two-stage toolchain building method.
>>>
>>> But libgcc contains a header which is not available at this time.
>>> Removing the reference make compilation work fine.
>>> It seems the inclusion of asm/unistd.h is unnecessary.
>>>
>>> diff -Nur gcc-5.3.0.orig/libgcc/config/m68k/linux-atomic.c
>>> gcc-5.3.0/libgcc/config/m68k/linux-atomic.c
>>> --- gcc-5.3.0.orig/libgcc/config/m68k/linux-atomic.c    2015-01-05
>>> 13:33:28.000000000 +0100
>>> +++ gcc-5.3.0/libgcc/config/m68k/linux-atomic.c 2016-03-19
>>> 09:25:07.000000000 +0100
>>> @@ -33,7 +33,6 @@
>>>      using the kernel helper defined below.  There is no support for
>>>      64-bit operations yet.  */
>>>
>>> -#include <asm/unistd.h>
>>>   #include <stdbool.h>
>>>
>>>   #ifndef __NR_atomic_cmpxchg_32
>>>
>>> Should I open a bug report for such a change request or problem?
>> Thanks.  I've installed this with a suitable ChangeLog on the trunk (gcc-7).
>
> Great, thanks.
>
> Do you have an idea, why this bug can't be fixed as suggested?
> https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=53833
Haven't really looked at it yet.  m68k is not a priority platform.  I 
usually try to flush out as many m68k issues as I can each fall, but 
even that is probably more time than I can rationally justify.

jeff



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list