Problem compiling gcc 5.2.0 on VortexDX86 embedded
Renato Mendes
renato.mendes.pes@gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 00:24:00 GMT 2015
In order to upgrade a VortexDX86 custom linux with a `gcc 3.2.3`
compiler, I´m trying to built the GCC 5.2.0 compiler to support the
latest C++ 11 standard.
I have downloaded its source code and did the standard linux package
builder as below:
$ mkdir ../gcc-build
$ cd ../gcc-build
$ ../gcc-5.2.0/configure --prefix=/usr --disable-multilib
--with-system-zlib --enable-languages=c,c++
The configuration runs fine. The I do:
$ make
And I´m getting the following error:
make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/ftp/pub/gcc-5.2.0/host-i586-pc-linux-gnu/gcc'
g++ -c -g -DIN_GCC -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual
-Wno-format -Wmissing-format-attribute -Woverloaded-virtual
-fno-common -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE -I. -Ibuild
-I../.././gcc -I../.././gcc/build -I../.././gcc/../include
-I../.././gcc/../libcpp/include \
-o build/genmddeps.o ../.././gcc/genmddeps.c
cc1plus: warning: -Wmissing-format-attribute ignored without -Wformat
In file included from ../../gcc/genmddeps.c:19:
../../gcc/system.h:201:19: string: No such file or directory
../../gcc/system.h:218:22: algorithm: No such file or directory
../../gcc/system.h:219:20: cstring: No such file or directory
../../gcc/system.h:220:20: utility: No such file or directory
../../gcc/system.h:249:19: cstdlib: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [build/genmddeps.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/ftp/pub/gcc-5.2.0/host-i586-pc-linux-gnu/gcc'
make[2]: *** [all-stage1-gcc] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ftp/pub/gcc-5.2.0'
make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ftp/pub/gcc-5.2.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2
After that the `make` procedure aborts. I´ve installed all the
dependencies (`tcl`, `expect`, `dejagnu`, `perl`, `m4`, `gmp`, `mpfr`
and `mpc`) and I don´t know what is missing.
As said, the original Vortex linux has a `gcc 3.2.3` compiler version.
I need to solve that but I don´t know where to start from. It seens to
have confusion with the own `gcc` libraries....
Help appreciated to solve that.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list