Regarding GCC mips64 cross compiler for x86

Steve Ellcey sellcey@imgtec.com
Mon Nov 2 22:03:00 GMT 2015

On Mon, 2015-11-02 at 13:32 -0800, Bryan Hundven wrote:

> I think you are confused. Here is a screenshot of me setting mips:
> http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/bhundven/media/crosstool-ng-mips_zpsj4ylemht.png.html
>
> You can see that you can set the bitness (currently set to 32, but you
> can change it to 64), and below you can set the ABI. The options are
> o32, n32, and n64.
>
> > Steve Ellcey
> > sellcey@imgtec.com
>

> Try crosstool-ng again, and this time... try it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Bryan

I did try it, it didn't offer 64-bit as an option.  After poking around
some I see that I need to enable the 'Try features marked as
EXPERIMENTAL' before it will set me set bitness to 64-bit on MIPS.
You didn't mentioned that.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@imgtec.com