what options to pass to gcc for support of arm security extensions

Shahin Ansari shansari@verizon.net
Thu Jul 30 19:29:00 GMT 2015

Greetings-
According to the ARM documentation the SMC call should be supported at ARMv6
and above. However, I get the error message below when I try to use it:

jni/Android.mk:6: This is in NDK_ROOT /home/sansari/android/android-ndk-r10d
[armeabi-v7a] Assembly       : hello_tz <= main_normal.filtered.s
./obj/local/armeabi-v7a/objs-debug/hello_tz/main_normal.filtered.s:
Assembler messages:
./obj/local/armeabi-v7a/objs-debug/hello_tz/main_normal.filtered.s:16:
Error: **selected processor does not support ARM mode `smc #0'**
make: *** [obj/local/armeabi-v7a/objs-debug/hello_tz/main_normal.o] Error 1

what switch options does GCC expect in order to support this functionality?