gfortran xarch error?

Thomson Mason Fisher thomson.fisher@email.wsu.edu
Tue Jan 27 20:04:00 GMT 2015

Hello,

I'm attempting to set up a Fortran-based modeling program on my Linux
Mint 17.1 system.  However, when I attempt to run the makefile command

                           make -f makefile

it throws the error message

    f95 -xtypemap=real:64,integer:64 -xtarget=ultra -c photo_CO2.f
    f95: error: language target=ultra not recognized
    f95: error: language target=ultra not recognized
    make: *** [PHOTO.o/photo_CO2.o] Error 1

The relevant parts of the makefile in question are

    ########################
    # Setting definitions
    ########################
    FC = f95
    FCFLAG = -xtypemap=real:64,integer:64 -xtarget=ultra -xarch=v9
    OUTPUT = photo
    PDOTO =  PHOTO.o

    # Main file
    PPHOT = photo_CO2

When I ran this program last October or so, it worked fine (that was
using Linux Mint 17, if that's potentially relevant).  I'm using version
4:4.8.2-1ubuntu6 of gfortran. I'm not at all that familiar with Fortran,
and while I looked through the manual, the term "xarch" wasn't listed
anywhere.

Any and all advice or suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you!

--
Thomson Mason Fisher
PhD Student, Laboratory for Astrobiology Investigation

(540) 222 7336
thomson.fisher@email.wsu.edu