_GLIBCXX14_CONSTEXPR

Tim Prince n8tm@aol.com
Mon Jan 5 00:11:00 GMT 2015

On 1/4/2015 3:37 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 4 January 2015 at 20:34, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>> On 4 January 2015 at 19:41, Tim Prince wrote:
>>> Yes, sorting out -E shows that some of these .h files are updating only
>>> in a newer directory which comes later on the search path than the
>>> directory which was used a month ago.    So the advice about clean
>>> environment includes cleaning out the old installation directories.
>> That doesn't sound right to me.
>>
>> None of the relevant libstdc++ files should have moved location, at
>> least not since the include path changed from include/c++/4.9.0
> (make that 4.10.0 ... but that was still several months ago, and the
> old 4.10.0 path should not be searched)
>
>>  to include/c++/5.0.0, and no other directory containing a c++config.h
>> should be in the search path.
>>
>> Which files were you seeing duplicated in "the directory used a month
>> ago" and what directory was that?
c++config.h and a few others used to be updated in
$(PREFIX)/include/bits/ as well as where they are put now in
$(PREFIX)/include/$(OS)/bits/.  The former directory appears to be
searched first in my OS=x86_64-unknown-cygwin.  More of the .h files
appear in both places.
It's possible that my directory structure was copied from 4.10.0, but
the .h files in question were still being updated in the Dec. 18 build.
Anyway, this is not a problem if the install directory is cleaned out
prior to install.

--
Tim Prince