GCC exception handling flavours and plain C code

Bostjan Mihoric ccompletion@gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:30:00 GMT 2015

Greetings,

1. GCC is available in several variations (SJLJ, DW2, SEH). When
compiling plain C code (therefore either assuming or explicitly
specifying -fno-exceptions), does it make any difference which GCC
variation is used?

2. Further I assume, that if my plain C code was to link to a C++
library which may throw exceptions, then it would matter which GCC
variation I use. In that case, I should use the GCC variation that
matches with the C++ code exception flavour, I should enable
-fexceptions when compiling my plain C code, and the exceptions could
then propagate over the C code?

Thank you.
BM