Specify the search directory for crti.o

Shaun Jackman sjackman@gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 19:34:00 GMT 2015

I'd like to specify the search directory for the startfile and
endfile, crt1.o, crti.o and crtn.o. Passing -B on the command line to
the GCC driver works, but is inconvenient. How do I modify the specs
file to specify the search path for startfile?

I tried adding the -B option to the startfile spec and got the error:
ld: unrecognized option '-B/gsc/btl/linuxbrew/lib'

I then tried adding the -B option to the cc1 spec and got the error:
cc1: error: command line option '-B/gsc/btl/linuxbrew/lib' is valid
for the driver but not for C

If it's not possible to do this via the specs file, is there a
configure option to GCC that accomplished the same goal?

Thanks,
Shaun

http://sjackman.ca