arm gcc: info about branches on svn and git

Massimiliano Cialdi cialdi@gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 15:02:00 GMT 2015

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> browsing through git and svn repositories I think I understand that
>> the actual repository is svn and git repository  is built with
>> git-svn, is that right?
>
> Yes.
The ARM/embedded-*gcc branches are hosted only on svn, I cannot find
it on git, is that right?

> The branch is documented at https://gcc.gnu.org/svn.html#distrobranches
Here it is told "Very occasionally these branches will hold patches
that are waiting for trunk acceptance". I wonder why new feature, bug
fixes and enhancement aren't regularly submitted for trunk acceptance.
Does this means that many feature will never be integrated in trunk?

best regards
Max

--
Et nunc, auxilium solis, vincam!