Add extra RTX code

Jens Vankeirsbilck jens.vankeirsbilck@kuleuven.be
Fri Dec 11 15:29:00 GMT 2015

Hi all

I'm trying to create a gcc plugin to be run with the arm-none-eabi-gcc. Basically, the plugin has to add some extra code to each basic block in the CFG and this while the CFG is in RTL.
The problem is: when I run my plugin arm-none-eabi-g++ crashes on a SegmentationFault and I have no idea why.

The code that ads extra RTX code to the basic block:
	Rtx Class::Method(int id, rtx prev, rtx next, basic_block bb){
		Rtx regSig = gen_rtx_REG(SImode, regForSig);
		Rtx constInt = gen_rtx_CONST_INT(VOIDmode, 1);
		Rtx andOp = gen_rtx_AND(SImode, regSig, constIn);
		Rtx set = gen_rtx_SET(VOIDmode, regSig, andOp);
		Rtx insn = gen_rtx_INSN(VOIDmode, id, prev, next, bb, set, XINT(next,5), CODE_FOR_addsi3, NULL);
		Add_insn_after(insn, prev, bb);
		Return insn;
	}

The code compiles fine, even the RTX looks fine when I print if with print_rtl_simple()
Yet, when I run the plugin with arm-none-eabi-g++, g++ crashes on a SegmentationFault...

When I run g++ with -wrapper gdb,--args, gdb returns something like
... caught SIGSEGV while in ?? ()

So gdb isn't any help either.

Hopefully you can help me.

Met vriendelijke groet,