C++ Concepts available in trunk?

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 15:41:00 GMT 2015

On 12 August 2015 at 16:20, Dijk, J. van wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Looking into gcc/cp/Changelog, it appears that on 2015-08-06 support
> for the C++ Concepts TS was added to trunk.
>
> Have Concepts in gcc matured to the point that end-users can
> start to explore and test them? If so, the page https://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx1y.html
> needs an update, since it mentions the c++1z Concepts
> Lite *branch* at the end of the document.

Yes, the branch is not in use any longer, all support is on the trunk.

> There is also no explanation how to enable experimental
> c++1z features that I can see on that page (like there is for
> c++14 at the top of the page). I suppose a new section on
> 'C++1z language features' is due?

Well it should be a separate page really, since that page is about
C++14 not C++17.

To enable the features just use the appropriate -std option, as
documented in the manual:
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/C-Dialect-Options.html