gnu_parallel STL not vectorized?

Marc Glisse marc.glisse@inria.fr
Thu Apr 23 14:25:00 GMT 2015

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015, Tim Prince wrote:

> From the looks of gcc 6.0, it appears that gnu_parallel STL is slated to
> become part of the release.

Could you be more specific about what you are talking about and where you
got your information?

Parallel mode has been a part of libstdc++ for several years:
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/parallel_mode.html

> Am I right in believing that gnu_parallel STL code is not simd
> vectorized?

It is not manually vectorized, but the compiler is free to do it if it
can.

> Will there be an option to change this?
> PR60117 may be related in that it is a case where simd reduction is
> avoided with OpenMP.  It's still marked unconfirmed even though I see
> that a useful discussion was appended over a year ago.

There are always bugs...

--
Marc Glisse