v8 LTO build fails on arm-linux-gnueabihf

Kyrill Tkachov kyrylo.tkachov@arm.com
Tue Apr 7 08:33:00 GMT 2015

On 05/04/15 21:33, Prathamesh Kulkarni wrote:
> ../test/unittests/compiler/simplified-operator-unittest.cc:23:61: note: a field of same name but different type is defined in another translation unit
>     const Operator* (SimplifiedOperatorBuilder::*constructor)();
>                                                               ^
> /tmp/cc8drsSQ.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/cc8drsSQ.s:69493: Error: offset out of range
> /tmp/cc8drsSQ.s:69639: Error: offset out of range

Hi Prathamesh,

Last time I saw this error, it was because some define_insn in the arm backend had the wrong 'length' attribute. In particular, if the
'length' attribute underestimates the true length of the instruction
then the compiler may try to pack too many instructions into between
a branch and a label, causing this error. If there is a way to get a
preprocessed file for this, compiling with -dp to annotate the assembly
with the define_insn patterns used and the 'length' attribute should
help with tracking this down, if that is indeed what's the problem.

Kyrill