gcc build fails after svn up configure and make
Patrick Horgan
phorgan1@yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 02:21:00 GMT 2014
Fedora 20 using gcc (GCC) 4.8.3 20140911 (Red Hat 4.8.3-7) to build gcc
from /usr/local/gcc
svn up
Updating '.':
At revision 216610.
from /usr/local/gccbuild doing a make distclean followed by
../gcc/configure which completes without complaint, a make of gcc fails
when trying to build libgcc with:
configure: updating cache ../config.cache
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depdir commands
mkdir -p -- .deps
make[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/gccbuild/build-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libcpp'
g++ -I../../../gcc/libcpp -I. -I../../../gcc/libcpp/../include
-I../../../gcc/libcpp/include -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wno-narrowing
-Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-format-attribute -pedantic -Wno-long-long
-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -I../../../gcc/libcpp -I.
-I../../../gcc/libcpp/../include -I../../../gcc/libcpp/include -c -o
charset.o -MT charset.o -MMD -MP -MF .deps/charset.Tpo
../../../gcc/libcpp/charset.c
In file included from ../../../gcc/libcpp/../include/hashtab.h:40:0,
from ../../../gcc/libcpp/../include/filenames.h:29,
from ../../../gcc/libcpp/system.h:367,
from ../../../gcc/libcpp/charset.c:21:
../../../gcc/libcpp/../include/ansidecl.h:171:64: error: new declaration
âchar* basename(const char*)â
# define ATTRIBUTE_NONNULL(m) __attribute__ ((__nonnull__ (m)))
^
../../../gcc/libcpp/../include/libiberty.h:113:64: note: in expansion of
macro âATTRIBUTE_NONNULLâ
extern char *basename (const char *) ATTRIBUTE_RETURNS_NONNULL
ATTRIBUTE_NONNULL(1);
^
In file included from ../../../gcc/libcpp/system.h:201:0,
from ../../../gcc/libcpp/charset.c:21:
/usr/include/string.h:597:26: error: ambiguates old declaration âconst
char* basename(const char*)â
extern "C++" const char *basename (const char *__filename)
^
make[3]: *** [charset.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/gccbuild/build-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libcpp'
make[2]: *** [all-build-libcpp] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/gccbuild'
make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/gccbuild'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Is this a know or simple thing? Should I look into it?
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list