Cross-compiling gcc? (sysroot confusion)

Pierre Ossman ossman@cendio.se
Fri Nov 7 13:01:00 GMT 2014

> > Unfortunately this isn't working. The problem is that it tries to test
> > execute programs. Which of course fails as it won't find ld-linux.
>
> Eh, it should't do that. Try adding --build=${HOST}
>
> But I see now that you are using such an old libc and gcc that my tips probably won't work.

$HOST isn't set here. But if you were referring to the actual host
triplet then that probably wouldn't work as it sometimes is the same as
the target (and thus will not turn on cross compile mode).

I set it to something obviously fake though, cross-unknown-linux-gnu,
which made everything compile nicely. :)

(I did run in to gcc bug 40974 though, but that was easily fixed with
the referenced patch.)

Thanks for the help. Hopefully I'm all good to go now.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com