Gcc optimizations in 4.9.0 for the less popular archs(alpha, ia64)

Seima Rao seimarao@gmail.com
Tue May 20 08:52:00 GMT 2014


Hi,

    When compiling a simple matrix dot product example on both
   alpha & ia64 using -O3 and -fmodulo-sched options,
   I am unable to find a software pipelined loop in the
   generated assembly.

    I think the advanced optimizations dont seem to occur
   anymore in Gcc although they are documented
   in the manuals.

   Is this a known issue ?

   I think that apart from powerpc, no other architecture
    is optimized properly by gcc. This is probably due to
   the separate contrib tree from IBM vs the rest of the world.

  The IBM contrib works whereas later contribs dont.

   The IBM contrib from Haifa works but I am unaware
   as to why newer contribs seem to fail !

   None of the selective sched, modulo sched contributions
   show up at all!

   Can anyone help?

Sincerely,
Seima Rao.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list