compiling binaries for MIC native and offload modes with gcc-4.9

Mark Farnell mark.farnell@gmail.com
Sat May 3 05:43:00 GMT 2014

Suppose if I write a C++ application that contains hints to offload
part of the code to the Intel Xeon phi (MIC), then what compile do I
pass to allow generation of code that offload the code to MIC?  Also,
if I want to have a native MIC binary which the whole application runs
inside the MIC card, what compile flag should I use instead?

Finally, does gcc-4.9 support the same set of MIC-related keywords as
the Intel Cluster Studio compiler, including the offloading keyword,
and keywords that mark variables as shared between the CPU and MIC?