Compilation errors building gcc on mipsel

David Daney ddaney.cavm@gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 02:24:00 GMT 2014


On 03/12/2014 03:54 AM, Harry Prevor wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:11:05AM +0200, Kai Ruottu wrote:
>> The 'mips' type targets are big-endian, 'mipsel' type targets
>> little-endian, so when you define the host/target being
>> 'mips-unknown-linux-gnu'
>> and don't the configure script to check what the system is, you got
>> just what you seemed to want!  So if you had left this away and had
>> configured with :
>>
>>     ../gcc-4.8.2/configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++
>>
>> you probably had succeeded...
>
> Alas, there was unfortunately a previous chapter to my story.
>
> Before posting this message, I had tried to run "../gcc-4.8.2/configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++" instead, but I was just getting a very similar error[1].
>
> I asked in the IRC channel on Freenode, and someone there suggested that I add "mips-unknown-linux-gnu" to the configure line.
>
> He said it may have had to do with my "uname -a" being "broken"; it currently outputs "Linux marielle 3.5.3-gnu #1 PREEMPT Tue Aug 28 10:49:41 UTC 2012 mips64 GNU/Linux". Not sure if there's something wrong with that.
>
>> Ok, you can check what the configury system would tell your system
>> being via running :
>>
>>      ./config.guess
>>
>> in the main gcc-4.8.2 source directory.
>
> Oddly enough, if I run that script, I do get "mips64el-unknown-linux-gnu", so very confused as to what the issue is here.
>

You are running on a 64-bit kernel.

You need to run "linux32":

     # uname -m
     mips64
     # linux32
     # uname -m
     mips

Once you get uname -n reporting a 32-bit environment (i.e. "mips" 
instead of "mips64"), configure should do a better job.

David Daney




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list