g++ 4.8.2: mangled symbol not demangled by c++filt

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 11:33:00 GMT 2014

On 1 June 2014 11:36, Francis ANDRE wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a unresolved reference at link time:
>
> _ZN3SPL6Parser15CompilationUnitIP5ValueIiEEEPN3AST15CompilationUnitIT_IDpT0_EEEv
>
> Any idea what could be the reason why the c++filt does not demangled this
> reference?

Either the linker and c++filt are too old and don't understand some
construct used in the mangled name (e.g. a closure type created by
lambda function) or it's a bug in the demangler (some names can be
mangled but not be demangled).