about gcc vendor string

hitmoon zhaoxiaoqiang007@gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 06:04:00 GMT 2014

Hi, everyone there:

     I need to build gcc with a different vendor string, eg.
x86_64-vendor-linux. Now i have a gcc as x86_64-redhat-linux, how can I
do that?
     As far as i know, in the native build case, the new gcc will be
'x86_64-redhat-linux'. If I specify --target=x86_64-vendor-linux, the
build will become a cross build. It seems that I am building a cross
compiler, which is not the case. Since the only difference is the
'vendor' part.
     Is there a guide about how to build gcc with different vendor
string in native build way?