Error building mips-sde-elf crosscompiler

Kai Ruottu kai.ruottu@wippies.com
Mon Jul 14 06:50:00 GMT 2014


13.7.2014 20:04, Kai Ruottu kirjoitti:
> 13.7.2014 14:01, Anders Montonen kirjoitti:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to build a GCC 4.9.0 toolchain targeting mips-sde-elf on 
>> a OS X 10.7 host. Building the first stage compiler works fine, but 
>> trying to build the final compiler always ends with an error.
> /Users/anders/work/toolchain/gcc/4.9.0/mips-sde-elf/./gcc/xgcc 
> -B/Users/anders/work/toolchain/gcc/4.9.0/mips-sde-elf/./gcc/ 
> -B/Users/anders/local/mips-sde-elf/bin/ 
> -B/Users/anders/local/mips-sde-elf/lib/ -isystem 
> /Users/anders/local/mips-sde-elf/include -isystem 
> /Users/anders/local/mips-sde-elf/sys-include    -g -O2 -Os 
> -minterlink-mips16 -mcode-readable=pcrel -mno-gpopt -EL -O2  -g -O2 
> -Os -minterlink-mips16 -mcode-readable=pcrel -mno-gpopt -DIN_GCC  
> -DCROSS_DIRECTORY_STRUCTURE  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual 
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition  
> -isystem ./include   -g -DIN_LIBGCC2 -fbuilding-libgcc 
> -fno-stack-protector -Dinhibit_libc  -I. -I. -I../../.././gcc 
> -I../../../../gcc-4.9.0/libgcc -I../../../../gcc-4.9.0/libgcc/. 
> -I../../../../gcc-4.9.0/libgcc/../gcc 
> -I../../../../gcc-4.9.0/libgcc/../include  -DHAVE_CC_TLS  -o addsf3.o 
> -MT addsf3.o -MD -MP -MF addsf3.dep addsf3 -c 
> ../../../../gcc-4.9.0/libgcc/config/hardfp.c -fvisibility=hidden 
> -DHIDE_EXPORTS -Wno-missing-prototypes
> xgcc: error: addsf3: No such file or directory
>


> How it appeared on it is unclear... I can only repeat your build (in 
> only one stage) on my Linux system
> (CentOS 6.5) and see what happens...
>

When I tried the same (without that weird multi-stage build), I got 
probably in the same phase :

>
> /home/src/gcc-4.9.0/build/./gcc/xgcc 
> -B/home/src/gcc-4.9.0/build/./gcc/ -nostdinc 
> -B/home/src/gcc-4.9.0/build/mips-sde-elf/newlib/ -isystem 
> /home/src/gcc-4.9.0/build/mips-sde-elf/newlib/targ-include -isystem 
> /home/src/gcc-4.9.0/newlib/libc/include 
> -B/home/src/gcc-4.9.0/build/mips-sde-elf/libgloss/mips 
> -L/home/src/gcc-4.9.0/build/mips-sde-elf/libgloss/libnosys 
> -L/home/src/gcc-4.9.0/libgloss/mips -B/opt/cross/mips-sde-elf/bin/ 
> -B/opt/cross/mips-sde-elf/lib/ -isystem 
> /opt/cross/mips-sde-elf/include -isystem 
> /opt/cross/mips-sde-elf/sys-include    -g -O2 -Os -Os 
> -minterlink-mips16 -mcode-readable=pcrel -mno-gpopt -EL -O2  -g -O2 
> -Os -Os -minterlink-mips16 -mcode-readable=pcrel -mno-gpopt -DIN_GCC  
> -DCROSS_DIRECTORY_STRUCTURE  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual 
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition  
> -isystem ./include   -g -DIN_LIBGCC2 -fbuilding-libgcc 
> -fno-stack-protector -Dinhibit_libc  -I. -I. -I../../.././gcc 
> -I../../../../libgcc -I../../../../libgcc/. 
> -I../../../../libgcc/../gcc -I../../../../libgcc/../include 
> -DHAVE_CC_TLS  -o addsf3.o -MT addsf3.o -MD -MP -MF addsf3.dep 
> -DFUNC=__addsf3 -DOP_add3 -DTYPE=sf -c 
> ../../../../libgcc/config/hardfp.c -fvisibility=hidden -DHIDE_EXPORTS 
> -Wno-missing-prototypes
>
>

Ie the "-DFUNC=__addsf3 -DOP_add3 -DTYPE=sf" instead of your bare 
"addsf3" in the compile row...
The extra:

"-B/home/src/gcc-4.9.0/build/mips-sde-elf/newlib/ -isystem 
/home/src/gcc-4.9.0/build/mips-sde-elf/newlib/targ-include -isystem 
/home/src/gcc-4.9.0/newlib/libc/include 
-B/home/src/gcc-4.9.0/build/mips-sde-elf/libgloss/mips 
-L/home/src/gcc-4.9.0/build/mips-sde-elf/libgloss/libnosys 
-L/home/src/gcc-4.9.0/libgloss/mips"

came from having 'newlib' and 'libgloss' from the newlib-2.1.0 sources 
symlinked into the gcc-4.9.0 sources. Just
like the gmp, mpc and mpfr sources - building these for the target or 
the host during the GCC build. This is what
I meaned with the "single stage" build...

Still I cannot say what causes your problem on a OS X 10.7 host....



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list