Creating a cross compiler from ARM to x86
Marc Glisse
marc.glisse@inria.fr
Sat Jul 5 19:18:00 GMT 2014
On Sat, 5 Jul 2014, Jason Smith wrote:
> I am trying to build a cross compiler on a BeagleBone Black to compile
> from ARM to x86. The intent of this is to use the low power consuming
> BeagleBone Black that I had on hand as a build server. It can already
> compile for windows through mingw-w64, but I need it to also compile the
> code for Linux x86 systems.
>
> However, when I try to compile gcc on the BeagleBone Black I get the
> following errors:
> /bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -I. -I../../gcc-4.6.3/gmp -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -g -O2 -c -o
> mpn/div_qr_1n_pi1.lo mpn/div_qr_1n_pi1.c
> libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../gcc-4.6.3/gmp
> -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -g -O2 -c mpn/div_qr_1n_pi1.c -o mpn/div_qr_1n_pi1.o
> /tmp/cckCXg2a.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/cckCXg2a.s:194: Error: thumb conditional instruction should be
> in IT block -- `movcc r4,#0'
The problem appears to be during the build of GMP.
> 2. gmp-6.0.0a
Could you try a snapshot of what will be in 6.0.1? I believe we have
already fixed some related bug.
https://gmplib.org/download/snapshot/
(or use an older version of GMP, maybe 5.1.3)
If the problem persists, please try building the GMP snapshot
independently and report the problem to gmp-bugs AT gmplib.org.
Actually, now I think about it, I am not sure why gcc is building gmp for
the target, I thought it would only build it for the host.
--
Marc Glisse
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list