Any way to output information on compiler-generated temporary variables in gcc?

Michele Co mc2zk@virginia.edu
Wed Jan 22 19:36:00 GMT 2014


On 1/20/2014 10:55 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> One of the -fdump-tree-xxx options might provide the information you 
> want, e.g. -fdump-tree-original I don't think debug info includes 
> temporaries that aren't named in the source, but I could be wrong. 

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your pointer to the -fdump-tree-xxx options.
I tried the -fdump-tree-all which seemed to dump all the available trees 
during the various passes.
Is there any way that I can determine which tree is the "latest" tree?  
In other words, which is the tree that is the closest to the generated 
binary code?  I noticed that the naming of the output files includes a 
3-digit number.  Is that number an indicator of how far along in the 
compilation that the tree was dumped?

If there's some config/.opt file that I can refer to understand what has 
been done during each of the various tree dump versions, that 
information is welcome as well, as I'm unsure what some of the 
abbreviations mean, such as -fdump-tree-ch, -fdump-tree-dse, etc.

--Michele



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list