Weak symbols and inline
Paul Smith
paul@mad-scientist.net
Fri Feb 28 22:24:00 GMT 2014
On Fri, 2014-02-28 at 23:05 +0100, Marc Glisse wrote:
> You mean always_inline? Well, it has the advantage that it doesn't
> force the function to be inlined ;-)
Yes, sorry. But what's wrong with forcing inline? :-). We're already
well beyond worrying about portability, and into "does it work"-ability.
> > If I don't include the header file, then the code silently falls back to
> > the system new/delete.
>
> It shouldn't be hard to check if nm -D yourlib.so contains _Znwm as U,
> you can add that to the Makefile.
Yes, I was playing with this. Pretty straightforward I agree.
> Well, if you control the Makefile, you can actually add -include mynew
> on the command line so it can't be forgotten...
Unfortunately that's much harder to do in a portable way (GNU/Linux,
MacOSX, Windows). I can run the nm check only on Linux and that should
be good enough, since almost all the code is the same on all three
platforms.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list