MSP430 in gcc4.9 ... enable interrupts?

Brian Drummond brian@shapes.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 14 10:20:00 GMT 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-14 at 09:39 +0100, David Brown wrote:
> On 14/02/14 00:12, Brian Drummond wrote:
> > I have built a crosscompiler for the MSP430, using a gcc4.9 snapshot
> > (gcc-4.9-20140112)
> > ...  what C code fragment would
> > cause the "enable_interrupts" instruction to be emitted, and generate
> > "EINT" in the assembler or object output?
> >
> > - Brian
> >

> If you want help about the guts of the compiler, you are probably better
> posting to the gcc development mailing list at <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>.  I
> know that the guys doing the msp430 gcc port follow that list.  Another
> useful place is the mspgcc users' list <mspgcc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>.

Thanks. I have re-asked on gcc@ ...
The mspgcc-users list seems to be mainly focussed on the mspgcc
compiler, not surprisingly. (Its archive also doesn't seem to be
browsable by thread title...)

> But if you just want a fix that you can use, then use inline assembly:
> #define __eint() asm volatile(" eint" ::: "memory")

I don't. If that was the right approach, then the existing mechanism
should be ripped out of the msp430 backend. But it's there and I want to
use it; it's just not clear to me how it should be used in place of the
mspgcc builtins.

- Brian