C++ and objective-c

Kevin Ingwersen ingwie2000@googlemail.com
Wed Apr 30 16:10:00 GMT 2014

Thats old cake. Objective-C++ is exactly what you want. See?

— ObjC++
#include <iostream>
#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>

class DatValue {
	public:
	std::string oo;
};

@interface do_the : NSObject {}
+(void)talk:(std::string)that;
@end

@implementation do_the
+(void)talk:(std::string)that {
	std::cout << "I am supposed to say: " << that << std::endl;
}
@end

int main() {
	DatValue dv;
	dv.oo="Derp!";
	[do_the talk:dv.oo];
}
—

Note, this only works on Mac…the code, that is. I did not remember the exact contents of <objc/objc.h>, otherwise I would have just used the Gnu runtime. But basicaly, thats how it looks like. Make sure to save the file with .mm eding, and link to the runtime. I.e.:

	$ g++ derp.mm -o derp -lobjc

will do.