gcc 4.8++ neglect my terminfo
phi gcc
phi.gcc@gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 06:45:00 GMT 2013
Hi All,
With the apparition of colorification of gcc diag message, it sounds
like the color are hard coded to who knows terminals.
I Know that I can use option/env to remove color, yet when non
prepared for it, it crash my terminal ( that is not vt100 or whatever
xterm is).
My TERM var is properly setup up though.
Is that expected behavior?
I know that colorisation is a rampant disease with ls, grep etc, with
default color barely readable imposing painfull customisation time at
monent you would like to spend your time to other duties :)
Would'nt be possible to have color only if some ENV are already set,
i.e gcc could detect in the env that the user is a *COLOR* officionado
and colorify then, insteand of imposing regression in both terminal
non xterm, and regression on diag parser that discover with horror
this new escape sequence in the output :)
Any advise appreciated :)
Cheers,
Phi
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list