AW: AW: EABI
Warlich, Christof
christof.warlich@siemens.com
Thu Oct 17 09:51:00 GMT 2013
Hi Andrew,
> There aren't any hard and fast rules because system ABIs aren't something that is determined by GCC:
> they are designed by system architects. They might choose to define all manner of variants in all manner
> of ways. All we in GCC can do is implement them.
> So, if you want to ask a specific question about an ABI we'll try to answer it, but that's all we can do.
Hmm - that sounds to me like offering detailed help for all available products but not giving information
on which different products are available and how to obtain them :-).
Sorry for being this obtrusive, maybe it helps if I try to boil down (parts of) my questions so that they can
be answered with either yes or no (or who knows :-)):
1) Does is make a difference (w.r.t. ABI use?) if building a toolchain for i686 depending on whether I pass
--target=i686-mytoolchain-linux-gnu or --target= i686-mytoolchain-linux-gnueabi to configure?
2) Does is make a difference (w.r.t. ABI use?) if building a toolchain for powerpc depending on whether I pass
--target=powerpc-mytoolchain-linux-gnu or --target= powerpc-mytoolchain-linux-gnueabi to configure?
3) Again, does is make a difference (w.r.t. ABI use?) if building a toolchain for powerpc depending on whether I pass
--target=powerpc-mytoolchain-linux-eabi or --target= powerpc-mytoolchain-linux-gnueabi to configure?
Cheers,
Chris
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list