Segfault in libgo with simple Golang compiled with -O2

Holger Eitzenberger holger@eitzenberger.org
Sat Nov 30 10:24:00 GMT 2013

Hi,

I am using gcc-go 4.8.2 on FC19, 32bit.

When compiling even a simple program I sometimes get a segfault, which
goes away at the time I remove the optimizations:

  in ?? () from /lib/libgo.so.4
  #1  0xb7459b3d in backtrace_dwarf_add () from /lib/libgo.so.4
  #2  0xb745bd47 in ?? () from /lib/libgo.so.4
  #3  0xb745c0e1 in backtrace_initialize () from /lib/libgo.so.4

This is a bit annoying, as I am unable to do some performance
comparisons between Golang and C.

Seems to be related with this [1] Debian bug report (GCC 4.7), from
October.

Is this an issue which is fixed in GCC already?

Can you give me a workaround which I can use, so that I am
able to compile with optimizations still?

Or just hint me at the documentation which I 1) forgot to read or
2) was otherwise too stupid to get my hands on?

Thanks!

 /Holger