Aw: Re: Aw: Re: How to compile gcc toolchain with special sysroot correctly?

johannes89@mailueberfall.de johannes89@mailueberfall.de
Wed Nov 27 11:51:00 GMT 2013

> > Ok, but the problem occured when I tried to compile glibc (it was missing it when I configured it). Do you mean I require an old glibc to compile a new one?
>
> Yes, you do, because the configure tests are trying to link a program.
> That isn't going to work unless there is a C library.

Is the glibc only needed for the configure tests, but not for the make call? I understand that a glibc might be needed to test the compiler's feature, but a libc which is linked to another libc sounds a bit strange. I guess glibc should be able to build crti.o without linking to another crti.o?

Also, can you please explain a good way to solve the problem? Would you soft-link the missing files, or should I set a variable like LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Sorry - I am new to this.
--
Diese E-Mail wurde aus dem Sicherheitsverbund E-Mail made in
Germany versendet: http://www.gmx.net/e-mail-made-in-germany