Type Punning and -O3 on gcc 4.8.1 and 4.8.2

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Thu Nov 14 11:10:00 GMT 2013

On 11/14/2013 10:54 AM, Andy Schneider wrote:
> Is the above unsafe on gcc 4.8? Have I tripped up over a known issue?

Please send us a test case that we can run.

And we can't read emails that have confidentiality notices.  Such
disclaimers are inappropriate for mail sent to public lists. If your
company automatically adds something like this to outgoing mail, and
you can't convince them to stop, you might consider using a free
web-based e-mail account.

Andrew.