error: converting to execution character set: Illegal byte sequence

Josef planeta@iach.cz
Fri Nov 8 16:30:00 GMT 2013


Hello all!

Below is snippet of function, when compiled by gcc, I have following error:

error: converting to execution character set: Illegal byte sequence
error: duplicate case value
error: previously used here

1st and 2nd error is connected with line:
case   L'„':
3rd error is connected with line
case   0:

AFAIK, it seems that compiler has problem with expression case   L'„': and
it will convert it to 0 which collidate with case 0: line.
How should I retype this problematic line?

Seems connected with gcc only (version 4.7.1 tdm-1). I can compile without
problem with MS Visual C++ 2008 Express, Visual C 6.0. Also C::B with Intel
compiler has no problem to compile this function.


Thanks for any help...

---------------------------
BOOL IsWordSeparator(WCHAR separator)
{

	switch(separator){

		case	0:
		case	L' ':
		case	L'|':
		case	L'.':
		case	L',':
		case	L'-':
		case	L':':
		case	L'"':
		case	L';':

//HERE IS PROBLEMATIC CASE:
		case	L'„':

		return	TRUE;
	}

	return FALSE;
}







--
View this message in context: http://gcc.1065356.n5.nabble.com/error-converting-to-execution-character-set-Illegal-byte-sequence-tp983184.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list