locking.h

JimJoyce jim@jimjoyce.co.uk
Mon May 6 10:51:00 GMT 2013

Hi, Jonathan and Dan,
APOLOGIES,
The problem arose some days ago, and I have since been distracted with
another challenge.
My facts were not correct. I DID get results from fread(). It returned data
which I didn't recognise.
>From the Hex-Editor I was expecting something like x01020304 (NOT that
simple).
The output was like x04030201. It took me some time to realize it was simply
byte-reversal.
(I believe it's called big-endian or little-endian, )
and it's not a software problem, but a question of hardware design.
So, APOLOGIES, again,
and many thanks for your replies pointing me in the right direction.
JJ