Problem with multilib paths in a Canadian build

jonsmirl@gmail.com jonsmirl@gmail.com
Sun May 12 20:58:00 GMT 2013

Build = 32b x86 (64b is broken)
Host = mipsel
Target = avr

This works and builds a compiler, but half through the build breaks
and I have to manually patch things up. There is a problem with paths
in the makefiles.

Initially the build is putting everything into:
gcc-4.7.2/host-mipsel/gcc/....

But then I get to point where it is building multilib. The file
libgcc.mvars is a generated file. It and friends are getting generated
into gcc-4.7.2/gcc/... instead of gcc-4.7.2/host-mipsel/gcc/....

The build will stop when it hits the misplaced libgcc.mvars. At that
point I copy the gcc/... directory tree into the mipsel/gcc/... tree
and the build will finish.

So it looks to me like there is a problem with path construction
during the Canadian build process. Can anyone give me a clue on how to
fix this?

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@gmail.com