COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS help

Charles Smith cts.private@yahoo.com
Sat May 11 17:18:00 GMT 2013

Does anyone know who creates COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS and how I can influence it?

I'm using cpp to expand some c code for data-mining, and it magically finds some header files I don't want it to.   When I run cpp with the -v
option it's clear why - that variable has the information in it.

But it's not in my environment, and that symbol, COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS, is
not in the /usr/bin/cpp executable.  I do find it in the binary files in /usr/lib/gcc, but the gcc.gnu.org online manual's keyword index doesn't mention COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS and I don't find a way to search it.
There's no information to be found in google about who creates
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS or why.

So any clue will be greatly appreciated.