pitiful results for GCC 4.8.0

Dennis Clarke dclarke@blastwave.org
Sat May 4 23:40:00 GMT 2013

> >> and yet
> >> clean results
> >>
> >> 4.8.0 wouldn't have been released with all those libstdc++ failures,
> >> so I'm pretty sure noone else is seeing them.
> >>
> >> Try looking in $target/libstdc++-v3/libstdc++.log for what is causing
> >> the failures, but I suspect it will be undefined references.
> >>
> >> All those failing tests rely on symbols that are new to libstdc++.so
> >> in 4.8.0 so your tests are apparently finding the old libstdc++.so
> >> from an older compiler, or there's some problem with the linker script
> >> used to set symbol versions. I don't know why you're seeing this and
> >> noone else is - it hints the problem is at your end.
> >
> > yep.
> >
> > I was puzzled because I can build 4.7.3 with the same compiler that
> I build 4.8.0
> > in much the same way and get very different results.
> >
> > So I have to dig a bit deeper to find .. what is going on here.
>
> Do you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set?

sorry for the great delay.

It looks like I did not have that set.  I did have :

LD=/usr/local/bin/gld
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
LD_OPTIONS=-R/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/gcc4/lib -L/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/gcc4/lib
LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/gcc4/lib
LIBTOOL=/usr/local/bin/libtool

Those may be the source of my concern as LD_OPTIONS could be trouble.

dc