4.8.0 : Neither go nor ada built due to excessive errors with both.

Dennis Clarke dclarke@blastwave.org
Mon Mar 25 03:55:00 GMT 2013



> > Not sure what the cause of the troubles are with go and gnat/ada :
> >
> >     http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2013-03/msg02413.html
> >
> > I know that I have a chicken and egg problem with gnat in that I need
> > an ada compiler before I can proceed with a gcc bootstrap and I think
> > I would need to dig deep into my history shelves to find that. What
> > bothers me is "go".  Are there some special requirements for "go"
> > other than those required for GCC as a whole?  I don't see anything
> > documented for magic or some hidden incantation so I assume that
> > a valid C compiler will do the job.  However, it won't. I get simply
> > horrible results for "go" within the exact same environment that
> > builds the above result.
> 
> Ada does require a pre-existing Ada compiler.  However, there are no
> special requirements for Go.  I don't see the problems at the above
> link so I don't know what is wrong.

Well I poured over the logs from the build but saw nothing that would 
jump out at me.  So I went ahead with a build minus ada and ga and 
the results are reasonable : 

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2013-03/msg02413.html

I'll have another try on a few other servers and maybe I can get a 
respectable build with go and ada. No promises. Too much of this is
well beyond my ability to track down. 

Thanks for the reply and looking. 

Dennis 



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list