need help on 4.4.6
Michael Eager
eager@eagerm.com
Tue Mar 12 00:19:00 GMT 2013
On 03/11/2013 09:57 AM, GUPTA, GAURAV G (GAURAV) wrote:
> Michael
Please do not top post.
>
> I started all fresh .
>
> This is what I observe If I use the following configure everything works .
> AR=ar LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath,/local/gagupta/gccfolder/cross-tools/lib" \
> ${SOURCES_GCC}/configure \
> --prefix=${CLFS_CROSS_TOOLS} \
> --target=${CLFS_TARGET} --without-headers
It looks like you are copying pieces from Linux From Scratch documentation.
http://cross-lfs.org/view/clfs-embedded/arm/cross-tools/gcc-final.html
Why aren't you following the entire recipe instead of only pieces?
> But I give gcc configure as below there are errors .
>
> ${SOURCES_GCC}/configure \
> --prefix=${CLFS_CROSS_TOOLS} --target=${CLFS_TARGET} --without-headers --enable-lanugages=c,c++ --enable-__cxa_atexit
>
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompileorig/gcc-build/libiberty/testsuite'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompileorig/gcc-build/libiberty'
> /bin/sh: line 3: cd: x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [install-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompileorig/gcc-build'
> make: *** [install] Error 2
What is the error which caused libstdc++-v3 to not be created?
> ~
>
> This is what I think I need to build gcc with c,c++ lanuages and libc and kernel headers installed in sysroot . but this is not happening not sure what is impacting .
> I tried setting Even the environment variable to make sure that gcc looks into the right path but appears nothing is happening .
Since you don't specify --sysroot in your configure, I'm not sure where
you think gcc will find the headers.
> PATH=$CLFS_CROSS_TOOLS/bin:$CLFS_CROSS_TOOLS/lib:$CLFS_CROSS_TOOLS/lib64:/local/gagupta/gccfolder:$PATH
> C_INCLUDE_PATH=$CLFS:$CLFS_CROSS_TOOLS:$C_INCLUDE_PATH
> CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=$CLFS:$CLFS_CROSS_TOOLS:$CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
> CPATH=/local/gagupta/gccfolder/usr/include:/local/gagupta/gccfolder/crostoolsv1/include:$CPATH
lib and lib64 are almost never in your PATH. The other environment symbols
don't appear to me to be necessary.
>
> With regds
> Gaurav
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Michael Eager [mailto:eager@eagerm.com]
> Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 10:21 PM
> To: GUPTA, GAURAV G (GAURAV)
> Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
> Subject: Re: need help on 4.4.6
>
> On 03/07/2013 07:00 PM, GUPTA, GAURAV G (GAURAV) wrote:
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Michael Eager [mailto:eager@eagerm.com]
>> Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 7:01 AM
>> To: GUPTA, GAURAV G (GAURAV)
>> Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
>> Subject: Re: need help on 4.4.6
>>
>> On 03/07/2013 02:18 PM, GUPTA, GAURAV G (GAURAV) wrote:
>>> Folks
>>>
>>> I really need some help on building gcc 4.4.6 .I have tried looking nearly all the gnu gcc material configure option.Nothing seems to be working out .
>>> If some one can point me to some worth while material /notes for building it on linux without referring anything on the host .Even that will be great .
>>
>> It helps to know how you configured GCC.
>>
>> [Gaurav ] - This is how I configured my gcc
>>
>> $ /local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompile/gcc-4.4.6-20120305/configure --prefix=/local/gagupta/gccfolder/cross-tools --target=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu --without-headers --with-newlib --disable-decimal-float --enable-languages=c --disable-threads --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --disable-libssp --disable-shared
>>
>>
>>> Here is the snapshot of the steps I am doing .I have my sysroot has /local/gagupta/gccfolder .I have extracted kernel and glibc-headers into sysroot .Now I am trying to build gcc in two step by a script .I keep hitting the wall now and then .
>
> Your configure does not specify --sysroot=.
>
>>>
>>> 1.Some times it failes in stage2 not able to find some header files . where as the headers files are all good in sysroot .
>>>
>>> checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: in `/local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompileorig/gcc-build/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libgcc':
>>> configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
>>> See `config.log' for more details.
>>
>> What does the config.log file in x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libgcc say?
>>
>> There will be a command which failed and a listing of the program it
>> was executing. Sometimes it is clear why the command failed. Other
>> times it may be useful to run the program by hand to see all error messages.
>
> Did you look at libgcc/config.log?
>
>>
>>>
>>> 2. Some time it failes trying to locate a directory /bin/sh /local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompileorig/gcc-4.4.6-20120305/mkinstalldirs /local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosstoolsv1 /local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosstoolsv1
>>> /bin/sh: line 3: cd: ./fixincludes: No such file or directory
>>> make[1]: *** [install-fixincludes] Error 1
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompileorig/gcc-build'
>>> make: *** [install] Error 2
>>
>> Is there an error before this? Something which prevents fixincludes from
>> being created?.
>>
>> [Gaurav ] Error in current scenario:-
>>
>> make[3]: Leaving directory `/local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompile/gcc-build'
>> Comparing stages 2 and 3
>> warning: gcc/cc1-checksum.o differs
>> Bootstrap comparison failure!
>> gcc/gcc.o differs
>> make[2]: *** [compare] Error 1
>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompile/gcc-build'
>> make[1]: *** [stage3-bubble] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompile/gcc-build'
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>> make[1]: Entering directory `/local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompile/gcc-build'
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompile/gcc-build'
>> make[1]: Entering directory `/local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompile/gcc-build'
>> /bin/sh /local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompile/gcc-4.4.6-20120305/mkinstalldirs /local/gagupta/gccfolder/cross-tools /local/gagupta/gccfolder/cross-tools
>> /bin/sh: line 3: cd: ./fixincludes: No such file or directory
>> make[1]: *** [install-fixincludes] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/local/gagupta/gccfolder/crosscompile/gcc-build'
>> make: *** [install] Error 2
>
> Is there an error before this, that prevents fixincludes from being created?
>
> You have an error: "Bootstrap comparison failure!". Resolve that before
> working on other problems.
>
>
>> ~
>>
>>> 3. Some time I see hell lot of directories mentiond in the below list and some time only 2 .based on changing the configure options .
>>>
>>> The following languages will be built: c,c++,fortran,java,objc
>>> *** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
>>> target-libada gnattools
>>> (Any other directories should still work fine.)
>>
>>
>>
>> Not every directory is used for every build. In this case, the libada
>> and gnattools directories are not needed unless you are building an
>> Ada compiler.
>>
>> [Gaurav] - what configuration options are supported by all the libraries .it is enable static and enable shared .
>
> Building static or dynamic libraries has nothing to do with
> whether a gcc sub-directory is needed for your build.
>
> In this build, you apparently have --languages=c,c++,fortran,java,objc.
>
>
> Try working on one issue at a time. Post exactly what you are doing and
> what the results are. Don't give "snapshots".
>
>
>
--
Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list