Need help: building crosstool-ng for gcc 4.7

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 17:16:00 GMT 2013

On Mar 2, 2013 1:29 PM, "Michael Powell" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting my tool chain issues in order, and have run smack dab
> into a brick wall: broken gcj tool chain.
>
> My dev environment is Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS, and I have just upgraded
> the GCC to 4.7; both 4.4 (out of the box) and 4.7 are installed as a
> matter of fact. This so that I can leverage more up to date C++11
> language features. Hopefully 4.8 will be soon forthcoming to fill in
> some important gaps.
>
> I've gotten the ct-ng to build and have configured what I believe is
> our cross compiler. Now I am trying to build it and running into the
> (seems like) infamous GCJ dependencies issue. I try to sudo apt-get
> install gcj and run into a labyrinthian task of sorting that mess out.
>
> Any insights how to overcome the gcj dependency would be greatly appreciated.

What dependency issue? You haven't really said what the problem is or
what exactly you've tried to do.

If it's a crosstool-ng issue then you should ask the crosstool-ng people.

If you don't need the Java compiler just configure with --enable-languages=c++