Warnings with -Og - gcc 4.8

Jeffrey Walton noloader@gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 18:46:00 GMT 2013


On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Lars Gullik Bjønnes <larsbj@gullik.org> wrote:
> I get a lot of warnings with -Og and gcc from trunk.
> I do not get these warnings with any other warning level.
>
> This is a reduced example:
> ----------
> int foo(void);
>
> int failing(void)
> {
>         int r;
>         unsigned int i;
>         struct h * p[3];
>
>         for (i = 0; i < sizeof(p) / sizeof(p[0]); ++i) {
>                 r = foo();
>                 if (r != 0)
>                         break;
>         }
>         return r >= 0;
> }
> -----------
>
> Compile with: gcc -Og -Wall -c fil.c
>
> gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 4.8.0 20130304 (experimental)
>
> Should I create a bug on this, or will someone else handle that?
What warnings?

The code does not look correct to me (but I could be wrong). Does
'sizeof(p) / sizeof(p[0])' produce correct results when using
pointers?

Jeff



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list